Mothers and sisters Lori Kay Schoeneman & Tara Schoeneman-Brown are creators of Once Upon A TreeHouse, a line of eco-friendly, handmade, wholesome toys that promote quality playtime, and an interactive website with crafts for the family. They recently sponsored a baby shower and made a custom playhouse for Lisa Ling just last month.
• Select the theme and color scheme based around the nursery decor
• Ask guests to bring along a copy of their favorite childhood book, and they can even inscribe a special message for baby to be
• For a shower activity do a group craft and have the guests create something for the new nursery walls or decorate onesies and burp cloths
• Have a station with an iPad/phone to take a short video of each guest and their special message for the new parents and baby
• Display seasonal planted flowers or herbs in spray-painted pots for centerpieces that double as the party favors
• Have a few quick and easy games like, have each guest cut a piece of ribbon the length they think will best fit around the honoree’s belly, and the closest one without going over wins
• Instead of spending time on watching the honoree open gifts, ask guests to bring the gifts unwrapped or in a gift bag and have a large table or area where they can be displayed.
If you are looking for small & large group spaces in Chicago to plan your baby shower, visit our online resource guide for baby shower restaurants in Chicago.